Many different factors can contribute to shoulder pain. In some cases, the pain may be due to serious injury or accident. However, other times it may be the result of overuse or repetitive motions. Additionally, underlying health conditions such as arthritis or bursitis can contribute to this problem. Here are a few more reasonable reasons why you may experience shoulder pain:
- Rotator cuff tendon tears
- Rotator cuff tendinopathy
What is shoulder physiotherapy?
Shoulder physiotherapy is specifically designed to treat shoulder injuries and pain. The goal of shoulder physiotherapy is to reduce pain and inflammation, improve your range of motion, and strengthen the muscles and ligaments around the shoulder joint. Shoulder physiotherapy typically includes a combination of exercises, stretches, and massages. Therapists may also use heat or ice therapy, ultrasound, or electrical stimulation to help relieve pain and promote healing. Most people will need to undergo several sessions of shoulder physiotherapy before they see significant improvements. However, the results are often long-lasting, and many people find that their shoulder pain is greatly reduced after completing a course of therapy. You can check this rehabilitation clinic in Singapore, and how they use physical therapy to cure any pain.
Shoulder rehabilitation strengthening exercises
Shoulder rehabilitation strengthening exercises vary depending on the specific injury. However, some common exercises include shoulder presses, rows, and raises. These exercises help to strengthen the muscles and ligaments around the shoulder, improving stability and preventing further injury. The number of repetitions and the amount of weight vary depending on the individual’s strength and level of pain tolerance. It is important to consult with an expert and skilled doctor or physical therapist before beginning any shoulder rehabilitation program. They can tailor the exercises to the individual’s needs and ensure that they are performed properly.
Benefits of shoulder physiotherapy
Physiotherapy circumvents the need for medication or surgery, and can effectively alleviate pain while improving the range of motion. Shoulder physiotherapy can provide numerous benefits, including:
- Improved range of motion: Daily activities such as reaching for a seatbelt or brushing your hair can become difficult when you have a reduced quite wide range of motion in your shoulder. A physiotherapist gradually improves your range of motion through a series of exercises and manual therapy techniques.
- Facilitated healing: After a shoulder injury or surgery, it’s important to start rehabilitation as soon as possible to facilitate healing and prevent further complications. A physiotherapist will create a customized treatment plan to ensure that your shoulder heals properly.
- Reduced pain: If you’re struggling with chronic pain, physiotherapy can provide much-needed relief. Through a combination of exercises, stretches, and massage, physiotherapy can help to reduce inflammation and muscle tension, providing lasting pain relief.
- Enhanced quality of life: Shoulder pain can significantly interfere with your daily life, making it difficult to carry out simple tasks. Physiotherapy can help to improve your quality of life by reducing pain and improving your range of motion, allowing you to return to your normal activities pain-free.
If you’re experiencing shoulder pain, don’t hesitate to contact Melbourne Hand Therapy. With experienced professionals and state-of-the-art facilities, our team can provide the high-quality care you need to get back on track.